Meet with local organizations to learn about prevention, education, and recovery resources for people living with mental health and substance use disorders. Recovery is possible!
Opioid Overdose Prevention Training, 4:00–6:30 p.m.
CN Guidance & Counseling Services will provide training for interested adults (16 years and older) on how to recognize the signs of an opioid overdose and administer Naloxone (Narcan). No registration required; just stop by the table.
Organizations will include:
- Association for Mental Health and Wellness
- CN Guidance & Counseling Services
- DASH (Diagnostic, Assessment, and Stabilization Hub)
- Dolan Family Health Center
- Federation of Organizations
- FIST (Families in Support of Treatment)
- HUGS (Human Understanding & Growth Services)
- Huntington Youth Bureau
- Joseph P. Dwyer Veterans Peer Support Program
- LIADV (L. I. Against Domestic Violence)
- LICADD (Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence)
- The Neighborhood House
- Northport-East Northport Community Drug and Alcohol Task Force
- Northport Police Department
- Northport VA Medical Center
- Northwell Health
- Options for Community Living
- Response Crisis Center
- SBMHeLP (Stony Brook Medicine Healthy Libraries Program)
- Suffolk County District Attorney's Office of Community Affairs
- Suffolk County Division of Community Mental Hygiene Children’s Single Point of Access (CSPOA)
- Tobacco Action Coalition of LI/American Lung Association
- YDA (Youth Directions & Alternatives)
The Mental Health Fair is co-sponsored with Northport-East Northport Community Drug and Alcohol Task Force as part of its month-long Recovery Month events.