The Northport-East Northport Public Library is participating in an exciting and ongoing program that is part of a national initiative: 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten. The goal of this program is to encourage parents and caregivers to read and share books with their infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. Sharing books with children is enjoyable and promotes a lifelong love of reading.
Register by creating an account on our Beanstack site at nenpl.beanstack.org or stop by the Children’s Desk to sign up and receive a packet. Scan the QR code to download the Beanstack app and easily track your child’s reading at home.
- If you read a book more than once, you can count it each time.
- Books read to your child at storytime also count!
- Your child can listen to a book on a tablet or playaway or online.
Receive a sticker after each 100 books along with a special prize.
After reading 500 books, your child can choose a book from our prize box.
After finishing 1,000 books, your child will receive:
- A tote bag
- A Certificate of Completion
- Their picture on our “Wall of Fame”