The Vertical Veg Guide to Container Gardening
From the creator of the wildly popular website and Facebook group “Vertical Veg” comes the complete guide to growing delicious fruit, vegetables, herbs, and salad in containers, pots, and more—in any space, from window boxes to garden yards.
If you long to grow your own tomatoes, zucchini, or strawberries, but thought you didn’t have enough space, Mark Ridsdill Smith, aka the “Vertical Veg Man,” will show you how to make the most of walls, balconies, patios, arches, and windowsills.
Ridsdill Smith has spent over ten years teaching people to grow bountiful, edible crops in all kinds of containers in small spaces.
Inside The Vertical Veg Guide to Container Gardening, you’ll find:
• Mark’s “Eight Steps to Success”
• How to make the most of your space
• How to draw up a planning calendar so you can grow throughout the year
• Planting projects for beginners
• Compost recipes and wormery guide for the more experienced gardener
• Troubleshoots for specific challenges of growing in small spaces
• How growing food at home can contribute to wellbeing, sustainability, and the local community
With quick, proven results from his own tests, failures, and successes, Mark will show you how gardening in containers is not just a hobby, but a way of creating a significant amount of delicious, low-cost, high nutrition food.
Don’t be confined by the space you have—grow all the food you want with Mark’s Vertical Veg Guide to Container Gardening.
The Vegetable Gardening Book
The award-winning television and podcast host Joe Lamp’l is here with insider tips and next-level insight for creating a lush, fruitful, and resilient vegetable garden.
Just when you think you have a secure grip on what it takes to grow a vegetable garden, a pro like Joe comes along to surprise you with a wheelbarrow full of new-to-you information to knock your gardening socks right off. In The Vegetable Gardening Book, Joe distills insight from years interviewing highly experienced growers for public television’s Growing a Greener World and The joe gardener® Show Podcastalong with his own extensive, hands-on knowledge of the craft to present practical and useful info on everything from starting seeds and selecting varieties to building the perfect tomato cage, encouraging pollinators, and creating biodiversity-rich soil in a 100% organic food garden. This book is essential reading for anyone interested in growing the best edible garden their backyard (or balcony!) has ever seen.
Inside you’ll find:
- Ideas for designing and laying out your garden for the greatest yields in the smallest amount of space
- A sure-fire plan for reducing maintenance and trimming down the traditional workload of a garden
- Detailed growing profiles of 40 of Joe’s favorite crops
- A handy reference chart with an easy-to-follow crop rotation plan
- Advice and tips for extending the growing season, building raised beds, setting up a potting station, and deciding which garden tools are worth your time and money
- Strategies to grow anywhere and everywhere—from in-ground garden beds and containers to grow bags and raised-bed planters
Among the most trusted, recognizable, and sought-after voices in the gardening world, Joe Lamp’l is here to help you “Grow like a pro – no experience required!™”